Education and entertainment
Clay County Library
- Free wifi
- Copy machine (20 cents per copy)
- Machine for receiving (send faxes to (931) 243-4876) and sending ($1 per fax)
- Nine public computers, with printing available (20 cents per page)
- Notary service
- Laminating (50 cents for anything smaller than 5×7, $1.00 for 5×7 to 8.5×11)
- Free 9-12 bookshelf-downloadable nonfiction titles at my.abdodigital.com
- Access to Tennessee Driver License practice tests at ccpl.driving-tests.org
- Access to Clay County Schools at clayedu.com
- For more information about the Clay County Library, call (931) 243-3442 or visit our Website.
Friends of the Library
Two chili lunches are held each year, delivering about 120 lunches to offices and businesses and serving about 35 dine-ins in the Celina area. A major activity of the FOL is the publication of a series of books about life and moonshining in Clay County. The first two books, Cures What Ails Ye, and Moonshiners, Revenuers, and Ordinary Folk, have been accepted into the Tennessee State Library and Archives. The third book, Corn in a Jar, will be released in early summer, 2014. The books can be purchased at the Clay County Library, the Chamber of Commerce, the Bank of Celina, and the Clay County Museum. All proceeds of book sales go to support the library’s building fund.