Chamber of Commerce
The Clay County Partnership Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting Clay County. Our purpose is to develop strategies and implement plans to stimulate the economic growth of Clay County.
Dr. Doug Young, Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
We aim to help the community prosper in all realms of economic development, including manufacturing, retail and tourism. The Chamber is also dedicated to improving the quality of life in Clay County. Working with business people, employers, private citizens and local government, we can achieve that.
The Chamber is the link between the private sector and all local, state and federal agencies, so those groups can help the citizens and businesses of Clay County succeed in today’s global economy.
Chamber hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Phone: (931) 243-3338
Fax: (931) 243-6809
Beverly Murphy, Director of Tourism
many resources are available
In order our meet these goals, the Chamber of Commerce works with various groups, including the Clay County Industrial Board, Clay County Government, City of Celina, Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Tennessee Valley Authority, United States Department of Agriculture, and the United States Department of Commerce. These groups are a valuable resource to our county and citizens, providing valuable programs, support and information.
These agencies help with:
• Recruitment of industry
• Expansion projects
• Maintaining our Three-Star Committee status
• Providing information packets to tourists and retirees
Why Join the Chamber?
- Chamber members receive real exposure through our state and regional advertising, and website listings.
- The Chamber works as a voice for its members in local and state government.
- We keep our members informed about important regional and state issues, either by media articles, newspapers, personal visits, or meetings.
- Also, you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE by working to improve the quality of life in the community and business environment.
- As a chamber, we try to keep the money flowing within the community and make those dollars work for our local businesses and residents. Most of all, we can work together to raise the quality of life in Clay County.
Call or stop by today and join!
We’re a Valuable Information source
If you need information about Clay County or Dale Hollow Lake, we’re your resource. We’ll get the answer to your question, or find out who can.
If you’re a manufacturer seeking a new or another home, you need to call us. Perhaps you have plans to open a new business and you’re looking for a location, or you’re an existing Clay County business with expansion plans. Regardless of your situation, we can help.
Maybe you’re someone looking to make a difference in the community by volunteering. If so, we can find a spot for you. The Chamber works closely with the Clay County Three-Star program so we can maximize our efforts to boost our local economy and improve our quality of life.
Notable Three-Star initiatives include obtaining grants to help various local groups and business people in Clay to improving the appearance of several downtown businesses. Also, the Three-Star program’s certification by the State of Tennessee allows Clay County to participate in additional state economic and community development programs. So, you can make a difference as a Clay County Three-Star volunteer.
Whatever your needs are, the Clay County Partnership Chamber of Commerce is available to assist. We’re working with all of our local stakeholders in order to make Clay County an even better place to live, work and play.